Increase Content ROI
Ways to Increase Your Content Marketing ROI
Are your content marketing efforts working, if not, this article may be of interest to your business website.
Create High-Quality, Long Lasting Blog Content
Investing your resources into poor quality content that does not show results is just the same as throwing your resources in the bin.
It is best practice to make sure your marketing budget is going towards good quality content the search engines will rank as authoritative content. Also, it is a great idea to write about topics that will stay up to date over the next few years.
Long lasting content is classified as content that will stay true, and relevant for a number of years, without the need for many updates.
If the content you add to your website is of the above information, the website in question will receive traffic for months, and even years to come.
As per the Google Quality Rating Guidelines:
- E-A-T – Google wants content from websites to be researched and correct. They don’t want pages on Google that have just been written to rank high in the SERPS.
- Useful – If the content on a website is useful to the reader and answers the question they are looking for. Google will index the content higher than opposed to content that is not useful.
- Relevant – The relevance of the website page is an important factor, after all, what is the point in a reader searching for a certain topic and getting a web page on another topic.
Try to implement this strategy for your content efforts, all the while write quality content, that will be relevant for a long time period. This will almost certainly boost your content marketing ROI.
Write Relevant Topics an Audience Will be Interested in
Now you have decided to write high quality lasting content, choose a topic.
Topics of interest will be:
- Content that is highly relevant and useful to your readers
- Focusing on low competition areas of the search engines SERPS
For this strategy to work, you will need to know and understand your target audience. Now you have a strategy in mind, you will need to research the topics in question.
- Start with broad keywords or topic areas To start, research broad topics such as the keyword SEO, you can use these to help you brainstorm and stem other ideas.
- Research your readers, what do they need, want to know from the chosen topic you are writing about? Remember if you are helping your readers, your content will be valued by the search engines.
- Implement keyword research tools to help you find out if ranking for the page you are writing is possible.
- Research on Google as to what questions they are asking Google to find such content to help improve their lives.
Update the Websites UX
If the design of a website hinders your readers from accessing your content, Google will penalise your website. Readers need to be able to access your cont quickly and easy, it is all about the readers’ journey.
If a website is slow loading, has too many adverts, or has a very busy design. It will put a reader off, a poorly designed website will not work. The end result will be that the reader will get annoyed and go elsewhere for the information they are looking for.
The Google algorithm is programmed to pick up on these signals, and will index your website accordingly.
Excellent UX is paramount in achieving excellent page rankings.
To improve UX:
- Increase site load times
- Reduce busy elements
- Check the navigation (clear, logical, and easy to use.
Once you have started to post quality long lasting content on the search engines that has a high ROI, you need to start writing with consistency. The more consistent you are the more Google will visit your website to collect the new information, and once Google sees a trend in your content, they will index your content with more authority.
If you think about it logically, which website would you rather visit, the one that published brilliant content weekly, or the one that publishes mediocre content every day?
Evaluate Internal & Outbound Links
One way to improve a websites E.A.T is to evaluate its internal and external links.
Internal linking is a great way to help build an authoritative website. Also, a link out strategy can help to increase the efforts to build authority.
A lot of website owners tend not to link out, as they see this as a way of losing link juice, and also a way of directing a reader away from their website. This is not really what will happen, as long as your site is not linking to your direct competition, but say linking out to a high quality relevant information website. Which will back up the information you have provided, this will strengthen your E.A.T.
According to a study carried out by Reboot, linking out shows you associate with them. Thus linking out to on topic high page ranking websites, will benefit you.
Because your website is contributing to a useful, connected web, after all this is why the Internet was invented.
Will This Information Work on my Website?
This information will definitely help you increase your SERP positioning, however, no single SEO practice will work on its own.
A web page needs to be thought of as being interconnected, if your page hinders the connection it will not be indexed very high, hence why the search engines penalise bad content pages. Each page on the Internet needs to be written with quality in mind, if not it will be classed as irrelevant, or not indexed at all.
If you require further information in relation to this article contact one of the Plosion Web Design team.